Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Yanmar 2GM 20F
- Model: Yanmar 2GM 20F
- Engine Power: 18hp
- Type: Inboard
I : 40.50 ft
J : 13.33 ft
P : 41.33 ft
E : 14.50 ft
Working Sail Area : 577.00 sq ft
- Hull and Deck
- Lloyd's approved, aircraft grade AL600 epoxy coated CK57 (6 lbs./cu.ft.) Baltek end-grained balsa laminate construction using biaxial glass fabrics and vacuum bag molding techniques. An Interplastic vinylester resin barrier coat allows a ten-year hull warranty against blisters.
- White (other colors optional) gel coat hull with single (1.50" to 3.00") tapered bootstripe.
- Large sit-in cockpit with 6.5' seats with backrests, suitable for cockpit cushions.
- One lazarette storage locker and two cockpit seat storage lockers w/flush spring loaded latches.
- Swimming and boarding platform sculptured into aft face of full height transom with integral ladder.
- Cockpit coamings 2.5" high over sidedecks to channel water aft.
- Molded companionway slide-in seahood w/dodger boss/instrument pod.
- ORC size molded-in foredeck toe-rails.
- Stainless steel handrails on cabin trunk.
- GRP molded main structural bulkhead, bonded fore and aft on hull and deck as support for shroud chainplates with single opening to forepeak.
- Fore and aft and transverse keel support beams vacuum bagged to hull.
- Fabricated aluminum mast step with transverse beams fastened to main bulkhead.
- Faired Lead and antimony fixed 6.5' draft, fin keel with bulb bolted to a deep molded stub. (5.5' shoal draft option)
Mechanical and Steering
- Yanmar 3YM20 20 hp, 3 cylinder, diesel engine with 80 amp alternator and two-blade 15" Martec folding prop with #2 Martec hub.
- Yanmar engine instrument panel in cockpit with acrylic cover.
- Vetus engine throttle control with neutral safety switch.
- 12-gallon alloy fuel tank with baffles and inspection/clean out port.
- Balanced spade rudder constructed using "E" glass and large diameter shaft mounted in PYI rudder bearings.
- Composite tiller with Spinlock hiking handle.
- Harken Unit-1 headsail furler.
- Two Harken 44.2AST, 2 speed primary winches with 44:1 power ratio.
- Two Harken 33.2AST, 2 speed secondary winches on cabin trunk.
- Double sheave deck organizers (PandS) recessed in dodger spray shield molding.
- Two lock-in winch handles (10").
- Two PVC winch handle holders
- Aluminum mast collar.
- 4 mast mounted turning blocks
- Two Spinlock double rope clutches aft on the cabin top. Port is main halyard and jib halyard. Starboard is for cunningham/reef and spinnaker halyard.
- Two Harken 1997 jib sheet cars on a 3 foot 32mm clear anodized "T" track (PandS) with aft end stops.
- One Harken camcleat for headsail furler.
- One Spinlock side mounted rope clutch for spinnaker tack line.
- Harken mid-sized traveler track recessed in cockpit seat with Harken 4:1 system using #1625 car with #1515 control blocks and #1631 end controls. Control lines pass through Harken 222A big bullets and cleat to Harken 150 cams in line with traveler.
- 6:1 racing mainsheet system using Harken single and double blocks on separate boom bales and a fiddle block on the traveler car with coarse adjustment sheet tail led to a center-mounted heavy duty swivel base with camcleat and single ratchet aft of traveler; and a 24:1 fine tune system achieved by adding 4:1 tackle attached to mainsheet end and cleated to a swivel base with camcleat on front side of traveler.
- Custom double-rail stainless bow pulpit and dual corner stern rails with transom gate.
- Low profile mounted roller furling drum system on stemhead with control line aft to port side of cabin trunk where tail can be used on primary winch.
- Tapered lifeline stanchions with heavy duty deck plates.
- Four 4-bolt mooring cleats.
- Single Harken1963 foot blocks to lead spinnaker sheets to the cockpit or cabin house.
- Harken cams for lazy spin sheets, mounted aft of primary winches.
- Two heavy duty "U" bolts aft for two 1959 spinnaker sheet blocks.
- Lewmar 20x20 articulated foredeck hatch.
- Lewmar 10x10 vent hatch in head.
- Lewmar opening ports in sides of cabin trunk.
- Light weight, cored, low-profile companionway sliding hatch and acrylic offshore dropboard with inside/outside opening hasp.
- Cockpit operated bilge pump.
- Three 12"x 20" polypropylene mesh line bags.
- Custom SS chainplates, stemhead and backstay tang.
- Main Cunningham/Reef 57mm block on reef hook for single line reefing system.
- One 90 amp deep-cycle battery.
- Guest On/Off battery switch.
- Electrical panel w/circuit breakers.
- LED Navigation lights.
- All chainplates with lightning grounds.
- Five swiveling halogen reading lights.
- One fluorescent light in head.
- Seahood pre-wired for instruments with 6 wire 22 gauge cable to nav station
- Automatic bilge pump w/check valve and panel switch for manual operation
Spars and Rigging
- Sparcraft One-Design tapered, aluminum, fractional-rig mast with double airfoil spreaders, plus boom in anodized finish (powder coat white optional)
- Nitronic 50 rod rigging and Ronstan calibrated turnbuckles.
- Custom 4.25" diameter, clear coated carbon fiber, retractable J/Sprit with 1:2 under-deck Harken launching system using pole control line from dead-end hole in the forward bulkhead outboard of sprit; through two Harken thru-deck big bullets in the butt of the sprit; to a Harken 2600 secured to an 073 padeye thru-bolted to forward bulkhead taping inboard of the sprit; led to a bullseye thru-decks mounted in the main bulkhead and aft face of cabin trunk, exiting to be cleated on a 150 cam cleat.
- Automatic sprit retraction system using 3/8" red shock cord attached to butt of sprit, then passing through a 2601 block fixed to an 073 padeye on the hanging locker bulkhead, reversing forward through a bullseye fairlead on the sprit to an 2600 swivel block fixed to an 073 padeye under the sprit opening on the forward bulkhead, back through the bullseye to the becket of the 023 block on the hanging locker bulkhead.
- Running rigging package w/Aracom T Main and Jib Halyards, XLS jib, main and spin sheets and spin halyard. Also includes reef line, cunningham, pole control, tack line, traveler control lines and main fine tune. Rigging options include Equip-lite main halyard and outhaul shackles.
- Sailtech -10 integral hydraulic backstay adjuster with 9.5" throw for -6 rod backstay.
- Rigid boomvang with integral cleating.
- Main boom with #1 reef stopper to port and #2 reef sheave on starboard side to double as Cunningham.
- 12:1 internal mainsail outhaul on boom.
- Off-white Formica low-maintenance bulkheads, and lightweight bin panels with vinyl trim, cold molded teak cap moldings.
- Teak and holly style synthetic high-wear cabin sole with epoxy sealed end grain.
- Storage bins outboard of settee berths.
- Nav station with flip-up lid to access charter storage, and outboard shelf and nav panel to house instruments.
- Galley unit with polished stainless galley sink with fresh water foot pump and 5 gallon portable water tank with thru-hull drain.
- Forward of the main bulkhead is a changing area, hanging locker and Raritan PH-2 marine head with 12 gal polyethylene holding tank or "Y" valve for direct offshore discharge.
- Holding tank Overboard discharge manual pump.
- Forward of the head area is a lightweight bulkhead with V-berth and below berth storage.
- Choice of Sunbrella acrylic fabrics for main cabin settee cushions. Optional V-berth cushions, as well as cockpit cushions that double as settee backrests below.
- Vinyl liner on cabin overhead and hull ceilings.
- 12x18 mirror in head.
- Rugged 54 qt. top opening, portable cooler under companionway ladder.